1797 1798 1799 - 1800 - 1801 1802 1803
| Decades: |
1770s 1780s 1790s - 1800s - 1810s 1820s 1830s
| Centuries: |
17th century - 18th century - 19th century
List of state leaders in 1800
- March 14 - Cardinal Barnaba Chiaramonti is elected pope Pius VII.
- March 21 - Pius VII becomes Pope
- April 24 - US Library of Congress founded.
- May 15 - Napoleon Bonaparte crosses the Alps and invades Italy.
- June 14 - Battle of Marengo, Napoleon defeats the Austrian troops near Marengo, Italy.
- June 2 - First smallpox vaccination in North America, at Trinity, Newfoundland.
- June 27 - Pascha Jussuf Karamanli of Tripoli declares war on Sweden by having the flagpole on the consulate chopped down.
- September 5 - The island of Malta, that was occupied by the French, is conquered by British troops.
- November 1 - US President John Adams becomes the first President of the United States to live in the Executive Mansion (later renamed the White House).
- November 17 - The United States Congress holds its first Washington, DC session.
- December 3 - Battle of Hohenlinden, the French army defeats the Austrian troops.
- December 24 - An assault on Napoleon Bonaparte fails in Paris.
- Invention of the voltaic pile by Alessandro Volta: the first chemical battery
- The infrared radiation is discovered by Wilhelm Herschel.
- The Althing of Iceland, the world'Parliament" title ="Parliament">parliament, is abolished.
- French Revolutionary Wars (1792-1802)-Second Coalition/Egyptian Campaign
- Napoleonic Wars (1799-1815)-Second Coalition/Egyptian Campaign
- January 7 - Millard Fillmore, 13th President of the United States 1850-1853
- February 11 - William Henry Fox Talbot, English photographic pioneer
- March 15 - Heinrich von Dechsen, geologist and mineralogist (d. 1889)
- May 9 - John Brown, American abolitionist (d. 1859)
- July 31 - Friedrich Wöhler, German chemist
- August 22 - William S. Harney, US general
- October 2 - Nat Turner, leader of a slave rebellion
- December 3 - France Prešeren, Slovenian poet
- Charles Goodyear, American rubber magnate
- Emperor Ninko of Japan
- January 1 - Louis-Jean-Marie Daubenton, French naturalist
- January 23 - Edward Rutledge, U.S. statesman (b. 1749)
- March 14 - Daines Barrington, English naturalist
af:1800 ast:1800 bg:1800 ca:1800 cs:1800 cy:1800 da:1800 de:1800 et:1800 el:1800 es:1800 eo:1800 eu:1800 fr:1800 hr:1800 is:1800 it:1800 he:1800 hu:1800 nl:1800 no:1800 pl:1800 pt:1800 ro:1800 ru:1800 sl:1800 sr:1800 fi:1800 sv:1800 tr:1800 uk:1800 wa:1800 zh:1800年