The word America has several meanings:
Geographical and political
- The Americas - North, Central, and South America.
- The United States of America.
- America - a small town in the Netherlands.
- "America" is an alternate title for the patriotic song, "My Country, Tis of Thee".
- "America" - a song by the 1960s folk music duo Simon and Garfunkel.
- America - rock and roll band; also the title of their debut album.
- America - 1924 film directed by D.W. Griffith.
- America - a racing yacht that won the first ever America's Cup in 1851.
- America - multi-engine airplane used by Richard E. Byrd and his crew on a 1927 transatlantic flight.
- America - passenger liner commanded by George Fried involved in famous sea rescue in 1929.
de:Amerika es:América eu:Amerika it:America nl:Amerika nds:Amerika fi:Amerikka