Furniture is the collective term for the movable objects which support the human body (seating furniture and beds), provide storage, and hold objects on horizontal surfaces above the ground. Storage furniture is used to hold or contain smaller objects such as tools, books, and household goods. Furniture can be a product of artistic design and is considered a form of decorative art. In addition to furniture'Furnishing" title ="Furnishing">furnishings such as clocks and lighting, to create comfortable and convenient interior spaces.
- see also: furnishings
List of Furniture Manufacturers (Extant)
List of Furniture Manufacturers (Defunct)
- Berkey & Gay Furniture
- Thomas Chippendale (England, 18th century)
- Thomas Sheraton (England, 18th century)
- George Hepplewhite (England, 18th century)
- In the dystopian movie Soylent Green, the term furniture refers to a futuristic and organized form of prostitution.
- Gloag, John. A Short Dictionary of Furniture. New York: Holt, Rhinehart, and Winston, 1965.
- Hayward, Charles H., Antique or Fake?: The Making of Old Furniture. London: Evans Brothers, 1971.
- Common Furniture Beetle (Anobium punctatum)
- Decorative art
- Grand Rapids, Michigan (or Furniture City)
- Self-assembly furniture
ca:Moble de:Möbel eo:Meblo ja:家具 nl:Meubilair sv:Möbler